Thread: Lack of motivation

Lack of motivation

I'm a bit low at the moment and just need to air some thoughts.

I'm low because I have been feeling constantly not with it dp/dr, I mean every minute of every day for months and months. I am getting fed up with it. I'm isolating myself from friends and family and avoid going places as i don't feel here. In a dream.

I don't know what to do. I work four hours a day as a cleaner so am on the go which would be the exercise side of things. I have trouble relaxing, my shoulders are constantly up around my ears. I have tension headachs. I just cant relax. Always in an axious state.

I really cant be bothered to do anything, I constantly feel tired. The flats a mess, the dinner needs cooking but I cant be bothered - sounds bad I know, but I don't feel with it and so don't want to move or do anything, whats the point, I wont enjoy it!

I don't know whether to go to the doctors. Will they know about dp/dr. Will they just prescribe antidepresants? I'm at a low and looking for a bit of guidance - anyone any ideas on how to get past this stage?

I have read plenty of forums regarding dp/dr and I understand its one of those stages of anxiety that will go in time. Lots of people get it and its nothing to worry about. Exercise and relaxation are the main things to help with it. I was just double checking that I haven't missed anything.

Thanks and sorry to go on about this subject. [xx(]

Nichola,

I get bad d/p (or whatever it's ****** called!) too. It is just part of anxiety (and depression) and I notice that when my mood lifts and and I relax slightly it just sort of fades away. I dont know whether the GP would know about it but I'm betting that a mental health nurse would know all about it. It really is nothing to worry about although it can make you feel like you are losing touch with reality - and being anxious you probably start thinking that you are beginning to go insane (which isnt the case!). It does seem to be a very common thing though among people who get depressed or anxious. My nurse did persuade me to have anti-depressants but the side-effects were nasty so I couldn't tolerate them for very long - but the good news is despite being on no medication it doesnt seem to get worse!

*I think, therefore I am.*

Hi Nicola, we all go through this stage and it is hell and seems to last for ever but beleive me it only seems this way and this will clear up. I did lots of reading on anxiety depression etc and lots of relaxation and hypnosis but this didnt seem to help me. I think to much thinking OH i need relaxation and reading to much just kept the feelings alive more. What i did find helped me was just doing things i liked, even though I realy had to push to do them and hated every minute of doing things. but eventualy I did start enjoying doing things again and the tiredness left me, I still get overcome by these horrible tired feeling but now even though its very hard I just get up and do something. hope u feel a bit better soon, take care. Vernon

Hi Nicola

Welcome to NMP ! I can relate to your symptoms and your fears, it can be a very harrowing at times, and the DP can really hold you back and make your anxiety symptoms feel ten times worse!

Go and speak to your GP but ask for additional help like councelling, if she offers you the Anti Depressants explain how you feel and request to see someone professional before you agree to starting medications

If you need to talk we are always here

Sue with 5

scknight

i feel the same8D] tell me about it i am realy at the end of my tether with these scarry feelings i have been to the doctors and am on diazepam and beta blockers they help for a while but then the feelings creep back i wish there was an easy answer but i suppose it takes time and learning to relax i cant just like you so what else can we do but pray and hope god will give us guidance

l.m.bell

Thread Information