Thread: not ready to be back at work

not ready to be back at work

I have been on antidepressents now for nearly 5 weeks for anxiety and depression,in this time i have been off work,i look after children in a nursery.My sicknote is due for running out,i still dont feel ready to go back to work,just thinking about it is panicing me!Do doctors sign you off longer with depression if your not ready to go back?

Re: not ready to be back at work

Yes they will do. Don't worry - just go see your Doc. Your tablets may need increasing a bit. xx

Yes they will sign you off, I have been off with anxiety and depression for the last 3 months, I just went back to the docs every 2 weeks and got a sick note and just sent it in.

You know when your ready to go back, I'm due back on Monday, only for a 2 days a week to see how I manage.

Thank you for the advice,some people have said to me to go back to work soon as i can,as the longer im off the worst i will be,but i know im just not well enough yet.I was off at the end off 2008 and beg off last year for 6 months due to a blood clot,so it is worrying me also about all the time ive had off even though i cant help it.Good luck LJL for going back to work : )

Just another bit of advice, 'Dont go back until your ready'! I made a huge mistake by going back after a month, I only lasted a few hours and felt awful, it really knocked me back in my recovery process, you will know when you ready.

Try not to worry about work you need to look after you.

Hope all goes well with you x

Thanks,yeah i will make sure im ok before i go back to work,im actualy thinking of a career change now!good luck again with going back to work x

Hi Pink
    I agree with the previous post from LJL about only going back when you feel ready and able to. You will know in yourself when you are ready to go back to work.
    I have gone back to work now in a new job, and although I was nervous when I went back I did know within myself that it was the right time.
    I hope you soon feel better and good luck with a new career change.

Wow it's like I wrote your post myself. I took time off work too to get on my antidepressant cause I didn't know how I would feel. I too work in a daycare facility.
    I don't want to freak out in front of my babies. I have only been of for two weeks and have only been on my AD for five days. your not alone girlie I am going though the exact same thing. We can be scared together(lol). Is your Ad helping?

Hiya yeah my tablets are helping but i know im not going to be able to go back to my job,i need a new career and fresh start when im bettter!Alot of the stress at work triggered my depression as well as another illness,hope you are ok x

Thread Information