Hey guys, I havent posted in a while as ive felt like my symptoms have calmed down a bit, ive had anxiety for almost a year now, and its drived me crazy. Ive started to get used to the symptoms, but in recent weeks due to possibly 'new' symptom im petrified of going to sleep as i think i might die.

Im a bad sleeper anyway, always have been, but just wondering if anyone else has had these symptoms before? Just as im tryin to relax and about to fall asleep, i get this imense 'jolt', 'tremor' or even 'fit' (cant explain it) but only for a few seconds, in that time it feels like my heart stops and i gasp for breathe, also i feel numb in different parts of body - but only for a couple of seconds. It causes me to jolt out of bed scared beyond belief. This only happens at night and is getting more and more frequent.

I think of it as a fit as i feel like im shaking or moving fast, but im totally aware of it. It doesnt happen when i am asleep, just as im tryin to fall asleep.
Has anyone else experiecend this? Please reply, its freaking me out :(
Im a 21 year old female in my final year of university - so scared if its anything more serious especially at my age :(
Many thanks xxx