Thread: I know it's ocd but I just can't shake it......

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I know it's ocd but I just can't shake it......

After having my little bubby I was off for the weekend to celebrate my cous's engagement party, I was staying in a hotel with my mum and my hubby stayed home wth my little one

I was on zoloft at the time because I could not use aropax during pregnancy (it's not as good)

I had 4-5 glasses of wine and no dinner ...... I was very drunk but knew what was going on ad at the end of the party mum and i went to our hotel with relos dranks and chatted more and then they left, well I was sick in the toilet, then I had a massive panic attack my mum had to calm me down ....... I said omg i'm drunk very drunk what if I did something I dont remember ???? what if I caught aids .... what if I stepped on a needle ... what if I slept with someone ???

OMG I know this is shit but I'm sick of this ocd, im back on aropax now but still feel the urge to get a aids test I had ocd come back after birth, I wish i didnt let loose at the party and drink, my mum said she was with me all night and to stop thinking , my Dr tells me to challenge these stupid thoughts and im not getting an aids test

Re: I know it's ocd but I just can't shake it......

Your doctor is right and if your mum say's she was with you all night then thats even less reason to worry. I mean you would have to be really completely wasted to totally not know what you were doing and most people still have awareness of whats going on, even when they drink alot. You would know if any of those things happened and they didn't!! OCD is a horrible illness, I've had it for 11 years but it can be controlled beleive me! You just need to challenge the thoughts before they take hold. I used to have one obession that went on a long time but now I have different kinds of OCD thoughts all the time but I challenge them before they take hold. Sometimes if you are really stressed, fears can take hold but just keep telling yourself this is OCD and let the doubts be there. Whether it takes a few days or a few weeks, eventually the worries will fade.

Re: I know it's ocd but I just can't shake it......

Thank you for your reply, I really appreciate your reply, It makes me feel much better. It heps to get another's opinion

I know what it is but sometimes OCD really gets me down, sigh...

Thanks again

Thread Information