Thread: Chest pains... problems with my heart or paranoia?

Chest pains... problems with my heart or paranoia?

Hey everyone, happy new year! Hope you all had a good xmas. I had a really good one and managed to get out quite a lot and finally have come off seroxat.

Im still having a few problems tho. Recently i've been so much more in tune with my heart than normal and noticing irregular heart beats etc. This evening i've just been sitting down at my pc doing some coursework for uni and i've been getting really sharp pains in the left hand side of my chest where my heart is which has also gone up my neck and down my left arm. It stopped for a bit but its back now, mainly the pain down my arm at the moment.

Im really worried that there's actually something wrong with my heart and im worried i wont be able to go into uni tomorrow to hand in my coursework as ill be scared somethings going to happen to me!

I dont know whats causing this pain but its scaring me as i know when u have a heart attack you get pains down your left arm aswell

Am i just being silly or do you think i should see a doctor asap??

Bex x

Hi
    I think that you are being silly, but i also think that you have come through a lot, quiting seroxat can be difficult at times and as you are now of the medication you may be feeling different mentally as well so if you are anxious about this pain which you obviously are then i think that you need to see someone to put your mind at rest and then you can deal with what is really causing the pain which is more likely to be a bit of tension/anxiety and perhaps still a bit of withdrawl
    take care

I just want my life back
    nell
    x

new to internet. have suffered from anxiety for over four years relating to heart. have had all tests all negative. suffer pain on a daily basis but it is my mind i need fixed. i describe it as a broken record 24 hours a day i feel i am having a heart attack. fear the anxiety attacks are gonna kill me. cannot seem to break this vicious cycle of negative thinking. feel very alone and on the verge of death. please help. any tips. desperate mum of 5 kids 4 of whom are under 3 years old

Dull ache
    chest pains
    Are these heart symptoms?
    Chest Pains
    what does your chest pain feel like?
    Chest pains for weeks and ectopics
    Chest pains
    Nervous
    struggling...
    chest tightness

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
    How big is your gallery ?

Thread Information