Page 1181 of 1191 FirstFirst ... 18168110811131117111791180118111821183 ... LastLast
Results 11,801 to 11,810 of 11908

Thread: Complaints Box: post your daily moans...

Re: Complaints Box: post your daily moans...

Thanks nora, I looked it up on the tinternet. So unreliable.
    Not my cup of tea either but I know it's so popular.
    It's a bad representation of the human race in my eyes with children thinking that's the way they've got to be when they get older.

The Diana thing was a complete surprise to me with the false grief, I can only remember everyone running her down. Probably guilt grief lencoboy.

I actually quite enjoyed the MAFS series I watched last year. Not enough to watch it all, or watch it again though. I really liked the stories of each woman taking part & their reasons for doing the show. A lot of them had had quite bad experiences and I was really willing them to find love. I think 2 of the couples are still together a year on. It’s not really as sensationalist as it sounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Carnation View Post
    Thanks nora, I looked it up on the tinternet. So unreliable.
    Not my cup of tea either but I know it's so popular.
    It's a bad representation of the human race in my eyes with children thinking that's the way they've got to be when they get older.

The Diana thing was a complete surprise to me with the false grief, I can only remember everyone running her down. Probably guilt grief lencoboy.
    I'm sure people have mentioned that for some time prior to her death, Diana was perceived as 'public enemy number one', then as soon as she was suddenly a goner on 31/8/97, she was then suddenly a lamented national treasure!

Despite death in general being a very upsetting subject, and I of course understand the shock and horror of the relatives and close friends of the suddenly departed, I personally don't wish to be guilt-tripped into grieving over the loss of persons I don't even know personally nor have any significant impact on my own personal life.

Don't get me wrong; I don't mean to be ignorant nor insensitive in any way to anyone, but Princess Diana did absolutely naff all for me personally, so largely passed me by insignificantly.

I was really tearful watching the funeral which surprised me seeing as I certainly didn't admire her when she was alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    I guess it's because it's the 25th anniversary of Princess Di's death tomorrow (31st August)
    So, it's 25 years since Diana's death. A quarter of a century. And the majority of people in the UK (60%) still don't want Camilla as Queen.

Rest easy, Princess.

Quote Originally Posted by Carnation View Post
    I agree. Programmes like these, and the ridiculousness of social media and so called 'influencers' is becoming a problem...

There is a good podcast on bbc sounds called unreal, all about the history & rise of reality tv. It’s really interesting. Presented by Pandora Sykes who I really like.

I've listened to that! It was great, really balanced.

I had posted some cost of living tips and ways now I saved money which could help others and sadly thread was taken over with insults calling me a callous little man. Really is some bitter people on this forum. I don’t think I will bother to post any tips next time.

You did not post tips, Phil, you just complained about media attention on the cost of living when you were okay.

Still think you're an odious, callous little man and yes, I'm incredibly bitter about your opinions when I and many others here are suffering.

Are you going to delete this post, too?

Page 1181 of 1191 FirstFirst ... 18168110811131117111791180118111821183 ... LastLast

Thread Information