Thread: feel absolutely crushed.

feel absolutely crushed.

hi everyone,I don't really know how to explain how I feel about this worry but I will try.As most of you know I suffer from anxiety which is why I use this site and have done for many years on and off,my husband is supportive but does have moments of complete exasperation with me which I am sure a lot of partners will at some point as anxiety is tiring to live with.I don't think anybody can truly understand the effects of this disorder unless they experience it themselves which brings me to the problem.My husband has joined a blogger site which is just that,a blog that you write when you want to that other members can read and comment on,I think it is important to use these sites sometimes to get things off your chest,just like this one but I read something on his tonight when he had gone to bed by accident and I haven't been able to sleep since.He had left the introduction page open by mistake and I realised he had done a blog yesterday,they say curosity killed the cat and they are damm right,I should not have read it but I did-HUGE MISTAKE!!!.
    He wrote that he finds my anxiety terrible to live with.I knew this already to a degree but he really let out his feelings and I was nearly in tears reading it.I have to admit here that we have had soeme terrible rows in the past over it and he has said some very hurtful things at times,as have I and in my temper I have shoved him a few times,punched his arm and one time which I am not proud of nipped his upper arm quite badly.I get very frustrated and it's something I am really ashamed of and will not do again,however he has portrayed me as a right cow in the blog and I feel like he is saying I am a husband batterer.We have a 7 yr old daughter and I must say here that our bickerings have gone on mostly when she has gone to bed and on the whole we have a good marriage.I would say we have a bad argument about once a month something like that, the pinched arm about 3 months ago.I am really worried that folk who read his blog will think I might slap my child if I can slap my husband and report me to the authorities who will think I may harm my child.I would NEVER NEVER lay a finger on her and haven't even smacked her once and she is 7 now.We discipline by telling her where she has gone wrong and explaining the consequences of her actions.sometimes it works sometimes not.She does boss me around a little and I think it's because she knows I am soft with her and will put her needs before mine half the time.I love her dearly and love my husband and would say that my only fault is being hot tempered.I am really worried about this and just hope the people reading his post will see through what he has written and realise that I am not all bad.He has omitted as well that he can be very antogonistic and will throw out some horrible insults sometimes which have hurt me a lot in the past.Can anybody reassure me that everything will be alright and they won't check up on me thinking I am an axe wielding maniac?.

Re: feel absolutely crushed.

Anybody?.

Maybe you should mention it to him that you have seen what he has written, I think it is something that would be best to speak about. I think it would be best to try and discuss this because of the effect it might be having on your daughter if she can hear what is happening between you. I know this from experience because I lived with my ex partner who was a bully and controlling. He made me feel worthless and he used to hit me and just generally verbally abuse me, which is where I think my anxiety started. nearly 30 years later I now realise that I have had anxiety all this time but it came to a head late last year. I obviously feel for you but you must try and talk to one another about this, my 2 sons were very young when this happened and my eldest can still remember what it was like to live with that horrible feeling and he was only 8 at the time when we split. You obviously love one another, which is great, but before it goes too far and I know you say you are not a 'husband beater' you should try and talk to one another about it so it doesn't go any further. He started with just a push here and there and it ended with punches and kicks and mental abuse and my eldest child definitely knew it was happening.

I wish you all the very best and hope that things sort themselves out for you. Hopefully there are other people on here who can advise you, but from my own experience, please talk about it and try and get this sorted.

All the best to you

Jannie x x

Hi Mothermac,

I think jannie is right, I would say honesty is the key to this situation. At least to air your thoughts you will help clear the air, this way the anomosity will go away. Don't wait for an argument to clear them, I would wait while you are both in a position to speak calmly.

Hope things get better!

LK

Hi Mothermac

You must have felt terrible reading something, but maybe he is not meaning to portray you as a monster but speaking openly about how he is feeling.

I too have lived in as a child an agressive family unit and was living with an aggressive partner, however, you have not mentioned what causes the rows each month, which maybe something you should look at.

You are right it is very difficult dealing with anxiety and living with someone who suffers... but I know for one that words, etc can have a very detrimental effect when you are already in a whirlwind of anxiety... I tend to try and open up when I am feeling afraid, and if that is then poopooed I tend to start to bite, I think I'm protecting myself...

You say that your husband says horrible things...what does he say? Maybe you need to talk about these arguments ...decide whilst calm how you are going to deal with it... and respect it when it happens..ie, taking 30 minutes in separate rooms with no communicating to allow both of you to calm down.

I don't think anyone will think you a child abuser but without seeing what was posted how can any of us say...

But you do need to think of your daughter, both of you, I'm almost certain that all the blame does not lay at your feet, it does take two after all.

What sort of reaction do you feel he will give if you mention the blog to him? will he be reasonable if not then maybe join and ask the administrators to remove the blog or post a response of your own calmly..

The best of luck to you... hugs x

Also meant to say...are you sure he left it open by mistake... maybe he is crying out too in his own way hun x

I really feel for you. I do not think that anyone would think that you harm your child. You need to talk to your husband openly about this though and I think you might need to have some couple counselling in order that you can really discuss this in a neutral non judgemental environment.

Veronicax

Thread Information