Thread: LINGERING PROBLEM

LINGERING PROBLEM

HI GUYS I HAVENT BEEN ON FOR A WHILE .BEEN TRYING TO GET OUT AND ABOUT AND BEAT THIS AGRAPHOBIA.ALSO MY COMP BEEN BROKE.IVE STARTED MY CBT THERAPY AND HE WANTS ME TO SEE A BREATHING CORRECTOR BECAUSE I SEEM TO BREATHE SHALLOWLY.ANYWAY I STILL CANT STOP BEING AFRAID OF CHEST SYMPTOMS.I ENDED UP AT DOCS YESTERDAY AS HAD AWFULL HEAVY FEELING IN CHEST.HE SAID ANXIETY AND MUSCLE AS USUAL.THIS FEAR ALL STARTED WHEN I HAD PANIC ATTACK IN HOSPITAL AND FELT MY CHEST CRUSHING IN BETWEEN MY BREASTS AND HEART POUNDING AND POURING OF SWEAT.THIS HAPPENED IN A BLINK OF AN EYE AND CONVINCED MYSELF I HAV A HEART PROB.EVEN THO ALL TESTS SAY I DONT .ALSO RECENTLY I DONT SEEM TO BE ABLE TO TAKE DEEP BREATH ESPECIALLY WEN WALKING.HAS ANY1 ELSE EVER HAD SUCH INTENSE CHEST TIGHTNESS ALL OF A SUDDEN THAT SEEMED TO COME FROM A WAVE FROM THE TOP OF MY STOMACH AND SWEATING ALL OF A SUDDEN .MY MIND JUST KEEPS GOING BAC TO THAT DAY IT HAPPENED AND KEEP EXPECTING IT TO HAPPEN AGAIN.I JUST WANT TO BE DAMN NORMAL AND LIVE MY LIFE AND NOT BE AFRAID.HOPE U CAN ALL GIVE ME UR ADVICE.ALWAYS APRECIATED LOVE MARCIA

marcia lowe

marcia di d you read claire weekes book.

she mentions this wave that begins in your stomach and ends right were you dont want it in the middle of your chest. as you no marcia my panic also began in the blink of an eye, when i was very very vunerable as were you.

you are not alone i have had chest pains for 4 years and cant seem to get over the fear of it.

YOU ARE NOT ALONE

that sounds like a plan that your theripist said about your breathing. abi advised a book on this and ive just ordered it, it is about hyperventilation even though we may not even no it.

will let you no if it sounds familiar to our symptoms

rem though it is our mind that needs tlc without this we will not move forward. we must do this soon marcia and do it slowly not looking for the majic wand that i have looked for for years

i hope we get peace of mind we deserve

jackie

Hi Molly. I just had a similar thread about my panic attack symptoms are lingering even after the attack is over and I'm merely anxious. Mine isn't so much chest pain, but difficulty breathing and I feel like my throat is closing up. It's not any fun and it's really stressful. I can't help too much other than let you know that I know how tiring and stressful it is, and you're definitley not alone.

I am terrified of having another panic attack, developing agoraphobia and/or developing a full blown anxiety or panic disorder. If these things happened I'd probably have to leave my university because it is a stressful environment and I dont' know if I could function. My GP and my counselor both mentioned that fear of another panic attack is one of the most common triggers for panic attacks after you have your first one. On top of your counseling are you doing anything like exercising? I tend to offer this advice a lot but it has helped alleviate my depression in the past. Also, if you're feeling anxious it can use up that extra adrenaline that certainly doesn't help those panicky feelings.

HI THANKS FOR ANSWERING GUYS THERE DOES NOT SEEM TO BE THAT MANY WITH THIS PROBLEM AS I DONT SEEM TO GET MANY REPLYS.THANKS TAKE CARE MARCIA

marcia lowe

Marcia

The replies will come in soon. There are so many new topics each day that it takes some time to read through them all.

I had chest pains for a long time and yes I can relate to not being able to take a breathe. It is hard to accept it is all anxiety but as long as you have had all the check-ups then you will be fine.

Definitely try to get the breathing sorted out.

Nicola

Hi Marcia,

I have had a tight chest due to hyperventilating before and that gives me trouble breathing in sometimes. I am seeing a respiratory physiotherapist and it's helping alot.

Take care,

Lisa

hi lisa

book is gonna be here tomorrow

wwish me luck with it. marcia will send it to you if it helps rationalise my pains but rem it is the fear of the fear, the fear of the symptoms of fear that are keeping us in this self made prison

try to break free as many here have

i will try if you do

jackie

*ANY1 ELSE EVER HAD SUCH INTENSE CHEST TIGHTNESS ALL OF A SUDDEN THAT SEEMED TO COME FROM A WAVE FROM THE TOP OF MY STOMACH AND SWEATING ALL OF A SUDDEN*

This is a fairly common sensation. Its an adrenaline rush.

How Do You Do The Breathing
    Breathing.. wow
    Breathing Techniques
    CONTROLLED BREATHING
    Working to get better, have a few Q's to ask...
    Insatiable Mouth / Chest Breather????

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
    How big is your gallery ?

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">hi lisa

book is gonna be here tomorrow

wish me luck with it.

<div align="right">Originally posted by jackie - 31 January 2006 : 21:57:34</div id="right">
    </td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">
    Good luck with it Jackie. The book helped me understand what causes the sensations we feel and once they are understood they become less scary.

Marcia - you may want to try the book too, it's called Hyperventilation Syndrome by Dinah Bradley and it includes lots of self help tips aswell.

Lisa x

Thread Information