Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: weird symptoms

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Ok sure I can understand that.

What about the CBT?

Nicola

<div align="right">Originally posted by nomorepanic - 16 February 2006 : 22:22:17</div id="right">
    </td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">
    Although i agree it is not very likely that someone like me at my age (24) has any undetected life threatening illnesses like cancer, brain tumour, or any brain diseases or heart problems etc but it is good just to have atest and hopefully come back all clear although i doubt the doc will do one, if not i have found somewhere where if you pay £120 you can have it arranged for you to go somewhere in sheffield and have a full blood test done, the samples are sent to london and you get the result back within 2 weeks i will consider doing that if i do not get some done by the doctor.

I will ask the doctor tomorrow about CBT though yes

sounds expensive when the NHS will do it for free

Why not print off your posts from here and take them in to show him and say "this is why I need it".

Great about the CBT - let us know how it goes.

Nicola

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">sounds expensive when the NHS will do it for free

Why not print off your posts from here and take them in to show him and say "this is why I need it".

Great about the CBT - let us know how it goes.

Nicola

<div align="right">Originally posted by nomorepanic - 16 February 2006 : 22:31:55</div id="right">
    I am having some blood tests on tuesday
    Saw anice woman doctor today who asked me if i was doing ok on the pills and asked about my astham etc.

I told the doctor that i feel tired all the time and the blood test is checking thyroid, glucose, anaemia, kidney's and also a full blood count.

Can blood tests pick up almost anything? eg heart problems, liver problems, and alot of other things? if they come back all clear at least it will offer me some reassurance.

I am being referred or CBT but was told it could take 8-12 months.

I have had something new over the last couple of hours, there is a big lump in my throat and it wont go away its making me feel like i cannot swallow or breath properly and it's quite sore as well, any ideas? is it something minor or major?

Blood tests can't pick up everything no but give a general indication of the state of health. I doubt they will pick up heart problems and will only test liver if they specifically asked for the LFT's to be done.

What did they say about the CBT? Have they put you on the list? Do they think you need it?

As for the throat thing well how many posts do you want on this. I can post all the links if you want but I still have it so start with mine .....

Swallowing / throat problems / Being strangled!

Nicola

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Blood tests can't pick up everything no but give a general indication of the state of health. I doubt they will pick up heart problems and will only test liver if they specifically asked for the LFT's to be done.

What did they say about the CBT? Have they put you on the list? Do they think you need it?

As for the throat thing well how many posts do you want on this. I can post all the links if you want but I still have it so start with mine .....

Swallowing / throat problems / Being strangled!

Nicola

<div align="right">Originally posted by nomorepanic - 17 February 2006 : 18:49:31</div id="right">
    Hoepfully the blood tests will come back normal and clear, at least if they do then i can more or less say i am healthy even though i don't feel it lol.

Yes they have put me on the list for CBT but as i said in my previous post the doctor told me that i could be waiting 8-12 months.

The throat thing has eased off quite abit within the last few hours

Will you accept you are healthy though if they come back clear?

That sounds a long time. Quote the NICE guidelines at him and ask what they can do in the meantime. When I lived in Sheffield I got to see a counsellor at the doctor's surgery for a while. Tell them you need that too. If not then get on the No Panic course to tied you over.

Good news about the throat.

Nicola

I can understand that you want to be sure that there is nothing physically worng but when these tests come back and if they are all clear then you have to accept that it means you haven't got anything awful or you will never be able to move on from the feeling. To banish the anxiety you need to accept that it is what is causing your problems.

Waiting lists for CBT are really long where I live too but there are other routes to try. If you were willing to pay money for the blood tests then maybe you could try and get some private counselling. There are clinics tht provide subsidised therapy. Another place to try is MIND - they have drop in centres where you can get reassurance and counselling on site, they also run courses for anxiety, etc. It may be worth looking into.

It may be worth re-reading the self-help pages here again as I am sure you will see that all of the symptoms you mentioned are there are symptoms of anxiety.

Annie x

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Will you accept you are healthy though if they come back clear?

That sounds a long time. Quote the NICE guidelines at him and ask what they can do in the meantime. When I lived in Sheffield I got to see a counsellor at the doctor's surgery for a while. Tell them you need that too. If not then get on the No Panic course to tied you over.

Good news about the throat.

Nicola

<div align="right">Originally posted by nomorepanic - 17 February 2006 : 22:07:26</div id="right">
    Well when i last had a blood test (nearly 2 years ago) i still refused that i was healthy because i felt so awful but if the results came back clear then that is basically telling me that i am physically healthy and have no serious health problems so i will accept that and move on and try and fight this problem and get over it because i have had enough of it the last 2 years and i am very determined to beat it once and for all.

If you had blood tests and they came back clear would you accept there was nothing physically wrong with you? because i know some people don't accept it like i didn't before!

I am doing more and more exercise to try and help as well and i am going to look into changing my diet to see if that helps as well

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">I can understand that you want to be sure that there is nothing physically worng but when these tests come back and if they are all clear then you have to accept that it means you haven't got anything awful or you will never be able to move on from the feeling. To banish the anxiety you need to accept that it is what is causing your problems.

Waiting lists for CBT are really long where I live too but there are other routes to try. If you were willing to pay money for the blood tests then maybe you could try and get some private counselling. There are clinics tht provide subsidised therapy. Another place to try is MIND - they have drop in centres where you can get reassurance and counselling on site, they also run courses for anxiety, etc. It may be worth looking into.

It may be worth re-reading the self-help pages here again as I am sure you will see that all of the symptoms you mentioned are there are symptoms of anxiety.

Annie x

<div align="right">Originally posted by Tomimo - 17 February 2006 : 22:09:41</div id="right">
    Thanks for the info annie yes i was prepared to pay for private blood tests if the doctor said they would not do any but the thing is it would have taken a month or so to save the money to have them done as i don't have much money and have 3 soon to be 4 kids to look after so money is tight lol.
    I am going to exercise more and increase the intensity and do 30-40 minutes of moderate exercise a day including jogging and exercise bike etc.
    I am going to look at my diet and try to start cutting out chocolate, crisps etc but one thing i would love to cut out is sugar but i am a sugar lover i have 3 in my tea, coffee, cappuccino etc maybe i should switch to canderel or something lol, also i am going to increase my intake of fruit and veg to see if that helps

First steps first though, let's get the blood test out of the way first!!

As long as there is nothing wrong with my heart or kidney's and as long as i don't have anaemia or diabetes or anything then great!

I keep being tested for diabetes though probably because it does run in my family!

If the tests come back normal then i can get on with the battle and try and beat it using everything i can!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information