I've been having stomach and bowel problems for nearly 4 months and only plucked up the courage to go to docs a month ago !!!!! My symptoms are :

Alternating diaahrea(spelt wrong !) and constipation
loads of wind daily
mucus in stools sometimes
gurgling and rumbling stomach sometimes sounds like water running down a drainpipe !
burping

Had lots of bloodtests, they took 4 lots of blood and did 3 stool samples and all have come back normal no further action. But i am absolutely worried sick its something nasty. I find the stomach noises the most frightening never realised the stomach could make such horrible noises and i get so frightened and panicky when they happen which is sometimes all day. My family say i should be happy the tests came back normal but that doesn't mean theres nothing wrong and i'me still suffering !! Doctor said it could be IBS and gave me some information about it coz i said my sister has it. I suspect i may have had IBS for years but if it is that why would it suddenly get worse at my age, i'me 45 ? I 'me going to go back and see the doctor and see what he says but in the meantime i can barely function coz of the worry. I took a course of antibiotics in january and 9 days later i had gastroenteritis and suppose since then my stomach hasn't felt right. Do you think that could be anything do do with it or not ?
Sorry for rambling on just need some help.
Thanks xxx