Thread: My Anxiety & Depression

My Anxiety & Depression

Hi, i've been suffering from anxiety and depression for roughly 5 years now, although it has escalated in the past 2 years. I've reached a point where i can't leave my house without constant fear that something will happen, i don't communicate with many people at all, just 1 close friend, my cousin and my mother. Because i struggle so much to leave the house i fear i'm causing my mother financial problems even though she would never say so, on occassions i think if i died it would help her out with money as she wouldn't have to support me. Since i've been like this i have not had any relationships as i find it hard to meet girls, even more so as i live in a village that doesn't have a large population. I find it hard to talk to people i am close to about my anxiety and depression issues as they will think i'm crazy, so i guess i'm here to try and find people who i feel safe talking to.

Re: My Anxiety & Depression

Jon. Talk away, this is a great place to do that. And never think your mum's life would be better if you weren't here - she'd rather cope with any difficulty in the world than not have you in it

Re: My Anxiety & Depression

You are in the right place mate. Feel free to type away about anything you feel comfortable typing and chances are that someone has went or is going through same.

I live with my parents. I'm 36 and moved back home about 6/7 years ago when my anxiety and depression reared its head. I have a loving family which I'm grateful to God for but it does sometimes put a strain on the relationship. At one point in the past I was so bad I came out with the 'You would all be better if I just became homeless and you wouldn't have to see me going through this' That's how bad the thoughts were. You aint alone in thinking that.

All the best mate and post away.

Thread Information