Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: propranolol help!!!!!!!!!!!

propranolol help!!!!!!!!!!!

Wonder if anyone could help ma as i am so worried.
    My doctor put me on properanolol-beta blockers ..and its my third day of taking them,and to be honest im not sure weather they are working because i still have eptopic beats lotes and lotes and lotes throughout the day,im still anixous and panicky- and when i do take one i feel well giddy,dizzy and sluggish-im not sure why the doctor put me on these, my pulse before could either be fast or slow... mostly felt slow.
    I only take 10mg 3 times a day, he did tell me to take 20mg 3 times a day... but actually im quite brave to even take what i am...
    im worried there not working because i really have a medical problem.
    JACKIE DONT LAF AT ME IF YA SEE THIS LOL
    im worried .. so scared

ash xx

Hi Ashley,

First of all you are very brave for taking your medication it is a step in the right direction. I took beta blockers many years ago but I stopped them as I didn’t find that they helped my condition but what I would say is that is probably your anxiety creeping in. Do you feel any benefit of taking your meds as of yet?

Robert

I guess i have longer periods without anxiety, but its still really really bad and the eptopic beats are just so worrying to me, i did have 3 ecg's and nothink ,it was like taking a child to the doctor i tell ya, coz my heart acting fine when i had them done but i have only developed these awful eptopic beats 6 days ago, never had the min the whole of my 15 years of anxiety , had everything else,trust ,me .. but not these, i can have up to 100 a day on a bad day. They just wont leave me alone, of course they are making me freak.

Had enuff

scared , so so much .. i just want to be myself, worried that these eptopic beats are something else, lotesofpeople have told me they too suffer with them day in and day out real bad ... but i still need to hear that other people are, its a nightmare... i just cant except they cant hurt me-of course i have read up on this... mostly they cant hurt you,,, but some can..

here i go... sorry

ash x

Hi Ashley,

I don’t think they can hurt you but I’m not a expert on this subject but the thing is you are still alive, which tells me the probably aren’t. I would say you should note down your concerns and take them to your Gp this is what I do as I find I always forgot something and leave without the answers.

I can see why you are worried I think I would be too, your meds should start working straight away so it may be best to check with your GP.

Sorry I can’t be a real help

Robert

Hi, I was taking propanonol 140mg evey day, but due to taking other meds i really didn't see the benifit. I no longer take any meds but occasionally take the odd propanonol if i get a bit wobbily. They work fine for me but as with all meds they don't work with everyone. Have a chat with your doc and see what he/she suggests. Tara

Think they take the edge of,like i havnt had a panic attack apart from last night --- but i used to get them lotes and lotes TRUST ME.

But i am still getting them nasty eptoic beats lotes and lote.

Im scared and lonley, its only me and the kids here and i just wish someone was with me all the time untili get better a bit.

ash x

Hi Ashley,

when I was on beta blockers I found the exact same. They take the edge off. But as I said before, they will not stop panic breaking through all the time.
    If you can use the time while the edge is being taken off to try and look at ways of relaxing and gaining more knowledge.

Remind yourself constantly of the facts, not the thoughts. Write them down if needs be.

1) You are on a very low dose of beta blockers. Millions of people take them with no problem.
    2) You have been tested and have found to be in perfect working order.
    3) You are still here! This is a good one
    4) You know you are in a high anxiety state.

Do you have a time slot where you can try and fit in a relaxtion cd or do some relaxation yoga? It will be beneficial if you can do a relaxation session with breathing control at least once a day at this stage. I know it's hard to even lie still in this state. I once had a panic attack in the relaxation stage of a yoga session I went to! However, keep at it and TRY to relax, even if you don't feel it. Gradually it will become easier.

Remember also that you are in a highly sensitised state at the moment. In this state you will find it near impossible to concentrate and your body will be firing off with everything, ectopics, pains, dizziness, tightness etc etc. The more you can relax body and mind the less they will come, but remeber it will take time. Also, remember you can relax by doing things. Doing something you like will occupy your mind and relax it as it's not worrying about your health all the time. I started trying to play the guitar, but even if you can read a lighthearted book or find something that you like to do.

Again, something to remember that was one of Claire Weekes lines : "The way out is simple, but it's not easy!" This one hits the nail on the head for me.

Take it easy,
    Trev

Hi trev how ya doing, of course you are so right in all you say ..but again it isnt easy.
    I waslet down by a so called mate today who was going to take me to a shop where they have a libary full of cd's and tapes all about anxiety/panic/depression.. its a sprirtual healing centre and they do all kinds of relaxtion , and self help.. so i was going to go there, but like i said my mate let me down... thats mates for ya.
    So if muhammed cant come to the mountain, the mountain shall go to muhammed.
    Dont want to go to town on the bus meself, but i cant stand the way i feel and i cant give up without trying trev, so i will go there shortly.

Trev thanx for the posting , you do really help mate,

i am just so scared of the constant eptopic beats all day..but like nic try not to concentrate on them,thats not good... i know.

thax to nic to for her posting and anyone that replys , it all helps.

ash x

Hope the mountain got to Mohammed ok and that you found some useful stuff.

The other thing that I found VERY useful was to do some exercise. It started off with walks in the park. I did this every day and built up the time and speed. At first, I was like a 300 year old!!! I was shuffling along at snails pace scared to raise my heartbeat in case I did any damage! I can laugh about it now but at the time it was hell, as you know. I would have panic attacks around the park and generally felt rubbish at first. Make it part of your daily routine to get a good walk in and I think you'll notice the difference fairly quickly. In fact Claire Weekes mentions exercise as a cure for ectopics in her books.

The body is reacting in a "fight or flight" way at the moment and so it is a great way of using the chemicals that are being released. Get the big muscle groups working (legs and arms/shoulders) and it will "burn off" the adrenaline etc that is in your system. I read a study that showed that people who suffered from depression showed a better recovery response by purely doing exercise alone than a group who did no exercise and used anti depressant medication.

Cheers,
    Trev

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information