Page 12 of 59 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Starting 10mg Cipralex

Re: Starting 10mg Cipralex

hi anxoius sorry to hear you are getting frustrated ? hang in there ?and yes bananas are good for anxiety ? i eat them every day ? good to hear your meal went well last night ? i was supposed to go to a 30th on friday but the thought of it made me shiver? but i will get there ?hope you have had a better night ? take care speak soon ?i hope tomorow is better for you ?

Day Twenty Seven

Well things don't seem to have changed very much since yesterday...I was a little more anxious this morning getting ready for work (but I associate this with Monday going back to work after the weekend)

I actually had on and off anxiety yesterday pretty much for the enitre day, even during the evening run when I am usually feeling pretty good...found myself deep breathing quite a bit. I also noticed I was quite sleepy yesterday for most of the day, I probably should have tried to go to bed early and get a really good night's sleep.

I have a sore right side of my jaw this morning from clenching....I am stressing about things I guess.

My morning meditation was really good this morning (found it quite relaxing) and managed to stay calm getting the girls ready for school this morning....

I have a massage scheduled for right after work, so hopefully that can clear some of my muscle tension. I need to get out for a walk or some exercise today but probably won't have time to....will have to make certain I do something tomorrow though.

I am really considering going up another 5mg as discussed with my Doctor, but am still thinking I am being impatient...

the upcoming business trip is constantly on my mind as well, which could be the underlying stressor at the moment....

Well not quite so positive today, but I will get through it. Hope you all are having a good day.

Hope things improve again soon mate, from what you've written it sounds like things are better than before you started the meds so hang in there as they obviously work for you and I'm sure things will get better.

I did six days at 5mg with very little to no sides other than delayed ejaculation and ramped up to my full dose of 10mg Saturday. I've noticed a difference in that I'm clenching my jaw more, feel a bit more spaced out and the delayed ejaculation is still there. I have also noticed a bit more free floating anxiety.

I wonder if it's placebo but so farther Cipralex appears to be helping in that my mind isn't going off into odd story lines that cause me distress and I get windows/periods where I feel happy.

I'm hoping thing settle down and I continue to improve.

Good luck with your journey and keep writing the updates.

One thing; I've been taking 12g of Inositol powder a day as this is reported to lessen the anxiety side effects from the early days of Cipralex.

Day Twenty Seven Update

Seem very spaced out so far today, must be tired. I think having a full day of meetings isn't helping...even when I am not anxious it is a huge challenge to stay awake in them LOL...

Well must run to have a nap err.. I mean a meeting... cant wait to head out for my massage....then I will fall asleep for sure!

Day Twenty Eight

Went for a massage yesterday and felt really great after it. I had a pretty good evening, and slept well last night.

Seem to have some anxiety this morning though, think I am stressing to get everything done in the morning, might try and think of somethings to prepare the night before to take some of the stress out of the morning.

I am still clenching my jaw, that is more apparent now that the massage worked out the tension in my neck...

I did wake up tired this morning and would have loved to stay in bed a while longer, I did go to bed earlier last night but still not early enough.

I am still debating the increase of the medication, might try another week to see where that lands me...

Going to the gym tonight, have to get some exercise in as I haven't gotten much in the last few days, and I believe it is very important to help me progress.

I did my meditation this morning and that is actually quite relaxing and I look forward to it so much now...

All in all I am feeling much better than I was before Christmas, and at times seems to be back to myself. It is a lot of ups and downs though throughout the day which once I get a handle on can actually be a benefit to coping after I am off the medication...dealing with the ups and downs of life. This is what my therapist and many others consider mindful acceptance, that life is a gambit of experiences not just complete bliss and all the other experiences are what makes life beautiful.
    We will feel happy, sad, angry, love and fear throughout our life it is what life is all about. It with the acceptance of this that we can live with our emotions, and again anxiety is not an emotion it is a thought, sometimes very devious and fuels itself when we pent up our emotions or feed it more thoughts...

A friend of mine got a tattoo that reads "Live Laugh Love" a pretty good mantra, but missing some of the base emotions: it is ok to be sad and cry, it is ok to be angry and shout and it is ok to be fearful and run...these are human conditions that we need to accept with compassion... well I guess I just typed my thoughts out here (probably more for me than you) but if you like it please use it...

Well I hope everyone is having a good day and hang in there....
    Last edited by Anxious-in-Canada; 18-01-11 at 13:23.

Day Twenty Nine.

Yesterday afternoon I was exhausted, nearly fell a sleep at my desk, I was listening to some relaxing music and reading documentation though so it is understandable..

I had a really good night, didn't get to the gym but went for a power walk with my wife, worked up a good sweat and felt nice to be in the fresh air.

Had a descent sleep last night, and no morning anxiety yet....kinda feeling pretty good this morning. appetite is still not back though....also my jaw is not as sore today which i am taking as an indication of the jaw clenching easing up....Yay! So definitely some positives!

So with that I would say the medication is starting to normalize/level out and maybe I am on the downside of the hill now...

So keeping up with meditation, deep breathing exercises, exercise and attempting to start monitoring my diet in attempts to keep it nutritional and healthy. Want to start to cut the comfort food out as much as possible....the ONE thing I am still trying to get to is the talking through my stresses with a friend at least once a week...I do need to try and get this going, plus a night out for time to myself (meeting with a friend or doing a school course of some type...)

So a bright spot today, I am feeling better so far and this is dispite the rainy gloomy day outside!!

Hang in there all!

Great that you're having a good day!

That's Brill news I'm do glad for you ?keep it up ?x

Day Thirty,

Thank you Panic and Cathy for your encouragement and support

Yesterday was a good day, and today I don't have morning anxiety...still no appetite and my libido still hasn't returned (but it is early in the starting to feel good stage...)

I notice that my jaw is a lot less sore and the clenching seems to have subsided quite a bit.

I am still not getting in bed early enough, only getting around 7 hours of sleep a night which i know is my own doing...it is hard when feeling really good (which is especially so for me in the evenings) to want to go to bed...I will force myself to though sleep will mean feeling good in the morning too.

I have an appointment with my therapist today and am looking forward to chatting with him.

After the appointment I am planning on going to the gym to get some exercise in, really need it.

So all in all yersterday and the start of today are positive signs that I am improving.

Hang in there all and have a good day.

hey canada that is brill news about this morning ? glad ou are getting there ? it will be me soon i hope hospital went well today ? just glad it is over ? xx

Page 12 of 59 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread Information