Thread: need to ask someone

need to ask someone

dont know if this is the right place to ask but ive been suffering wih all the anxietys for a bout 7yrs now and only started getting help about a year ago and im doing cbt at the momoment i dont take meds im scared to take them as ive heard so much about the side affects specialy on here and it seems that the meds people take doesnt relly help them. but wat i really want to ask is how does every one cope with thier anxietys does every one just get on with trying to live as normal as possible as ive read books and looked on web sites and they all say to find a hobbie or do something u enjoy doing ,but i havent got any of them i try to think wat id like to do and wat i enjoy doing but for the life of me i cant think of anything ,im 54 and divorced and i had 8 children so most of my life it was bringing them all up they are all grown up now so its relly bothering me why i cant think of anything id lke to do so most of the time im just sitting at home just watching tv or tyieding up i dont work and have no friends to go out with so maybe thats why i suffer wih anxiety and just wanted to know if any one else is like me

Re: need to ask someone

Hi

My anxiety is not present all the time so my disposition is slightly different to yours but when it does come on I fight through it, it’s not easy by any means and I’m sure there are folk worse than me that could not do it but reading between the lines it sounds you could if you put your mind to it. Whether you have anxiety or not it’s not unusual to get up in the morning and not want to go to work, but when you have a choice it’s easy to say no and stay in and do nothing, what you need is a purpose to get up and go.

A couple of things:
    You could try volunteer work, that will get you out and about with a purpose, its relaxed (they are not paying you so they won’t expect the world), you will meet people – quite often in similar circumstances.
    If you have had eight children you have all the pre-requisites to work with young people. I’m thinking class room assistant, lunch supervisor, etc. There is also a call in schools for casual staff for things like exam invigilating for instance.
    Why not contact local charity groups or schools and see what might be out there? There would be no pressure in asking and you might surprise yourself.

Re: need to ask someone

thk u for the advice and i will look into wat u have told me so thank u again

Thread Information