Thread: Quite an Odyssey This Morning

Quite an Odyssey This Morning

The weather's been bad the last few days, but I really needed to get out of the house and take some money out of an ATM (going to the movies tonight and wanted some cash). Of course, my fear of leaving home was in overdrive this morning. So, I decided to compromise and find an ATM nearby, get the cash, and come right home.

Easy plan, right? Wrong!

I settled on an ATM at a convenience store a few blocks away. Of course, it was out of order.

My next thought was to swing by a post office a few more blocks away - that seemed like a good idea, since I needed some stamps anyway. Of course, they were having trouble and couldn't dispense cash, although they could run my debit card as a credit card so I could buy my stamps.

Getting extremely angry at this point, I set my sights on a supermarket a few more blocks away. In the car, I had a bit of a talk with my nerves and basically told them to do their worst, but I was going to get my cash or die in the attempt!

I'm sure there was a thundercloud over my head as I entered the supermarket and stomped over to the ATM machine. Wonder of wonders, it was actually working and dispensing cash!!!!!!! Happy Day!!!!!!!!!

At that point, I decided to push the envelope a little more and pick up some cereal (which is located at the back of the store of course). I got to the cereal aisle, grabbed the two types I wanted, then for good measure scanned the shelves and found two more I've not eaten in some time. I then made my way to the front, entered the checkout queue and paid for my purchases.

But I was not quite done. I figured since I had gotten this far, I was treating myself to breakfast, so went through the drive-through window at a Burger King and got a couple of sausage biscuits.

I'm now back home and enjoying the biscuits while I type this. (and yes, I could do without the carbohydrates, but this morning I think I deserve a treat!) And the trip only took about an hour longer than I had planned.

In a little while, I'm going to start in on the day's work. Fortunately, I did some extra assignments earlier in the week, so I don't have to do a lot today or tomorrow to meet my weekly goal.

But I just had to share how Murphy's Law decided to play fast and loose with me this morning before taking pity on my plight and allowing me to finally manage the errand I thought would take no more than ten minutes.

Re: Quite an Odyssey This Morning

Well done you And I hope you enjoy your movie too

Biscuits well earned!

Thread Information