Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: thank you and goodbye

thank you and goodbye

this site has been amazing to me over the past 2 weeks i have been e member and most of you are great. however i can not go on. these attacks have taking over my life too much that i just feel i am too much of a burden on everyone around me. i joined here to get support and thought i had found the extra support i needed but unfortunately not all of you are as kind and thoughtful as some of you are. today has made me see that and made me see that i can't go on like this. however i want it known it is possible to pass out during an attack - i have done so on numerous occassions it is rare though but it does happen but i know peopleon this site do not believe me - they have said so so all the extra support i needed has gone but this has got too much. you are all fab and good luck in overcoming your panic attacks.

Crazychick,

I am so sorry some people have not been kind to you. The reason we come on here is to educate ourselves and get help, and to finally feel we're not alone.
    I try not to judge people on here and try my best to post my replies as diplomatically as possible. I just wish that you wouldn't stop coming here you have said how much it has helped you so, please stick with us..there are really kind and helpful people still around!
    I hope you reconsider but if not, please continue on your journey to getting yourself better. As for the passing out thing goes..I believe you..if you say it has happened I have no reason to doubt you.

Take Care of You,
    Tina

hi crazy, hope you dont leave. sadly, many people misunderstand others experiences and can tend to judge a little. i dont think they mean to, but sometimes our own suffering can make us a little selfish.
    as for passing out during an attack? yes, it is possible. im suprised anyone would want to argue this fact. anyhow..im a sucker for making a point so i looked it up on the internet. here is what i found;

"One of the most common and least worrisome reasons for fainting is anxiety or other emotional upset. At first the heart rate may speed up, but then a sequence of physical events may follow that cause the blood pressure to fall. There may be less blood flow to the brain and you may faint."
    http://www.onyebeke.com/fainting.htm

i often feel faint whilst having an attack..today i came close. i have learnt some tricks to prevent it happening..you might find them usefull.
    i ALWAYS take a bottle of water with me..A) it can prevent fainting B) it gives me something to do whilst feeling panicky.
    next..when feeling faint, pretend to bend down and pick something up (lame but gets the blood flow to the brain).
    finally, avoid standing still. i either rock like a lunatic or pace lol..who cares if bystanders think i need sectioning
    dont leave..we'll miss you :(

Crazychick

Don't leave because of one person who said it wasn't possible to faint - I think it only was one person.

I found this for you ...

Fainting may result from very rapid breathing (overbreathing, or hyperventilation), which may be due to anxiety. This type of fainting is called hyperventilation syncope. Overbreathing removes large amounts of carbon dioxide from the body. The decreased level of carbon dioxide causes blood vessels in the brain to constrict, and the person may feel faint or actually faint.

Of course we believe you but most people never actually faint so can't understand.

It would be silly to leave if you get good support here so please reconsider.

Nicola

its me again..sorry, but once im 'off on one' you cant shut me up
    a great deal of people who suffer with panic/anxiety/ocd also suffer with low self esteem (myself included). DONT let anyone put you down. everyones suffering is unique, there is no two panic attacks the same.
    ok i will slip quietly away now [:I]

Crazychick I think you are being silly if you go, we all are here to help one another, I never accused you of lying about fainting, just said it was virtually unheard of, you have obviously misinterpreted what I was trying to say and I apologise if that was the case.

crazy

I am sorry if someone on this site has been a little thougtless, however, the majority of us will try to cheer you up and help in any way we can. You will have notices that the majority of the people on this site will listen and not judge you or put you down. Support is always forthcoming from the members of this site. As an example when i first joined this site i was diagnised with depression and anxiety and with sucidal tendacies. In point of fact i was referred to the crisis centre at the local hospital who had me has a day patient, every day for three weeks. During thet reprise i found this site and was able to talk trough my worries and problems with the people here. Now I consider myself cured, but still come into this site in the hope that i can repay some of the help i had by helping others. We know what you are going trough we will listen and try to help you, I do hope you come back and join in, I gaurentee no one will judge you, in fact they will be glad to see you. I hope you continue to make a rcovery no matter what your decison regarding NMP is

Keith

i really hope you dont leave as it is our attention to help not to make worse

i know you are right it is soooo possible to faint and everyones experience is different

i hope that you can see that we all want to help and do not leave

jackie

sweetheart, please dont leave over what some thoughtless, stupid, insensitive person said to you. there are so many people here who want to support you and help you through this, so please dont leave over one stupid idiot. if you look you will find that there is as much support here as ever, so please dont leave. we are all here for you.

and, if you do decided to leave, remember that if you're ever in trouble, we are still here for you.

all my love goes with you,
    katie xxx

"If I can wipe from any human cheek, a tear,
    Convince one man that hope and heaven are near,
    Create more joy, more hope, less pain,
    And though not one shall know my name nor drop a flower on my grave,
    I shall not have lived in vain while here."

Hi, crazy chick, -Just joined today and am browsing thro post. Hope you havent logged off for good! Yes, It IS possible to pass out from an attack!! people make me sooo angry when they say illconcieved and uneducated things like "lots of people panic do you see bodies lying on the floor?- direct quote from that awful large blonde woman on breakfast TV. Yes Ive passed out darling, and Ive had fits, and Ive been taken to hospital with suspected heart attack while lying on the floor. I dont deserve this illness-neither do you! If you do read this, rejoice for all the beautiful colours of your soul and know you are loved. unpleasant people have their own paths to follow- those paths are nothing to do with yours. x

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information