Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: scared of my anxiety! :(

Re: scared of my anxiety! :(

Quote Originally Posted by sun-shine View Post
    wow reading through your posts is like looking in a mirror!

i too suffer from anxiety, and the fear of anxiety and the fear of the symptoms and the fear of the panic attacks and the fear of the fear!! i walk around all day every day thinking of my anxiety, which is the worst thing you can do, but also the only think you feel you can do?

i analyse my feelings/symptoms 24/7, always thinking theres something wrong with me or something bads going to happen?...

even something little like a twitch in my chest i get soo scared and panic! and the funny thing is iv been to my GP so many times and read up on anxiety disorders/panic disorders/health disorders that i know everything there is too know, and yet i still worry!?

trying to stop the obsessive thoughs is easier said that done!

but what i would say to you is, you have this beautiful baby coming in to your life very soon, just focus your thoughts on that! and how much joy this baby is going to bring you! you can put all your love and energy in to loving and caring for your baba

Take-care

X
    You sound so like me its unreal and I feel for you I really do.

My current anxiety is about my health and I've been good the past year and now its just doing my head in.

I've started to feel dizzy when I exercise even walking up the stairs my hearts starts to beat like crazy, well more when I've stopped and its got my thoughts bouncing about like mad. Heart problems, blood pressure e.t.c
    It's a horrible feeling when you think there's something wrong with you and common sense isnt doing its job.

Quote Originally Posted by chanell View Post
    hya,
    im quite new here and not posted much tbh but i need some help with something im struggling to get my head round at the moment!!!
    i am suffering with anxiety and panic attacks ALOT! every nite in fact it hits me like a wave i am worse wen tired and that is alot of the time ( im 34 weeks preg 2!!) but the thing im finding hard at the moment is that i no and understand all about anxiety, about its effects on myself my body and thoughts but i dont understand why i still feel it and fear it?!!!
    another one of my fears is that what if 1 day i feel anxiety like symptoms and think nothing of them wen really they are sumthing more serious!!!!! im scared of dying an im only young (25)... any one out there feeling similar??? or any one used to feel like this who has recovered?? i might mention i am not on any meds with been preg but i am recieving cbt , only had 3 sessions ... thanks for reading
    Hi im Bev like u i suffer with anxiety and panic attacks they have been with me on and off since 17 my last attack was middle of dec just before i was due to give birth. I always feel the worst if i get a physical symptom scared about dying too im only just feeling better but its .been hell so do understand

hya to hugs and sunshine!!
    thanks very much for your response i feel exactly the same as both of you have described i am scared to death tho that i am goin to die, i no im young and healthy but i have this fear that sumthing rlly bad is goin to happen to me and its horrible.. i am the same i constantly analyse any bodily symptom as i feel if i should sumhow become seriously ill one day i will find out in time to call an ambulance and i will be ok!! my therapist is trying to teach me not to analyse so much and to put my future to fate so to say and that if sumthing is goin to happen to me it will happen and no amount of worrying will change that and she is right! i dont no why but i feel sumthing rlly bad is goin to happen to me maybe it is just the panic!
    hope we all get thru this love to you all xxxx

Hi Chanell. When i was younger (between 20 and 25) I had this overwhelming fear that i would die before i was 25. It was so bad that i was hospitalized in the lead up to my 25th birthday. My birthday came and went but the fear didn't, i just changed the age!
    My anxiety satyed with me and got worse until i was in my 30's and had CBT and different meds. I really imroved and was well for quite a few years. For some reason my anxiety has come back recently
    You may feel better when you've given birth and your hormones have settled. All I can say to you is that it's a fear it is not real. No one can predict the future. Please be reassured that others have felt like you have and are still around. xx

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information