Hi Everyone

I went to my first neruologist appointment today and am really disappointed as was hoping to be reassured and bounce out of the hospital with a spring in my step. I had written a list of my symptoms and he said he didn't want to look at them but to just explain my symptoms.

I have been getting different migraines recently, dizziness, feelings of detachment etc. Anyway, I was trying to explain that I feel like I am going to pass out at any given moment (weirdly mostly in supermarkets) and that I get numbness with my right hand and foot and I really felt like he'd looked at my notes from the doctor - probably labelling me as 'anxious' and I felt like I wasn't being taken seriously. Anyway he ran some neuro tests - tapping various parts of my body and suggested a series of further tests and he wrote on my form 'anxiety, epilepsy'. He explained that when I have an MRI they will find white spots on it because of migraines but I am petrified of having something more sinister (brain tumour, MS or MND).

He sent me off for blood tests and an ECG and when I asked if it was ok the man who ran the test said he couldn't tell me as I wasn't a doctor. He asked me to take them back to the doctor's reception and I looked at them and it said 'borderline abnormal, exercise caution' which scared the life out of me. They got the doctor to look at them and I was sent home with no explanation as to why they were abnormal. My husband came with me but he wasn't very supportive or sympathetic so just feel like I am in limbo land again until I have my MRI. The only saving grace is that a friend of mine is high up in the MRI dept at the hospital so she said she will come in with me but I have hidden the extent of my 'issues' from most people so I feel like she will be shocked when she sees the weeping terried side of me I try to hide....

Sorry it's a long post and not really sure where I'm going with it but suppose I just need to know if 'epilepsy' was mentioned to anyone with migraines and what was the outcome of their MRIs?

Have a lovely day everyone. Just popped a Propranolol so hope to calm down

MMx