Apologies if this does not seem much of a sucess story but it is a giant leap for me...

three months ago when my current panic/anxiety I stopped driving as i did not feel safe in the car as i kept getting panicky and felt the depersonalisation while driving and it was not good.

After 3 weeks of 10mg of citalopram and then an upped 20mg dose for another couple of weeks i finally made a break through.

We were in the local town today and my brother drove as he has done for the past 3 months as i have not been able too, but on the way home I actually asked him to pass me the keys to my car and got in the drivers seat not the passenger seat

Yes it felt really weird to be sat in that side of the car again and really strange driving. I did still get a bit of the panicky feeling and the dizzyness in stationary traffic........But I did it

I know it is only something really little getting in the car and driving it away and something i have done many times before, But this time it gave me a huge sense of acheivement. as i had managed to beat a bit of this panic and anxiety that has been overtaking my head.

Long may it continue