I've been taking Lexapro for 4 months, I guess, and it hasn't helped me at all. In fact, I have gotten better, but I would never attribute this to Lexapro, because before I even started taking it, I was already getting better.
Now I want to go off it. I am afraid that it might be changing my abilities to raciocinate and that it might harm me somehow. I am convinced of this and I really can't go through that right now.
However, I have no idea what to tell my doctor. Last time I saw her (a month ago), I told her I was doing pretty good. It will be way too weird to just tell her that I simply want to quit Lexapro. I've already told her that I'm scared Lexapro might harm me somehow, and she assured me it won't. However, I'm simply not convinced of that and I don't want to stay on medication anymore. It sucks because I don't want to lie to her, yet I'm too chicken to tell her the truth. She will probably think that I don't trust her or something.
She's going to want to put me on another antidepressant, but the fact is, I don't want to be put on medication now. Maybe someday if I need it, but right now my life is too complicated and I don't have time for this kind of responsability and commitment.

Have any of you gone through something like that? any advices???? thanks