Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Heart worry because of what happened today!

Heart worry because of what happened today!

I won't post exact details but a footballer suffered heart trouble today and ever since i saw it i have been really worried about my heart.

Re: Heart worry because of what happened today!

same.. my anxiety has sky rocketed since hearing about it... be strong <3

pearl xx

You are only worried because it was shown on TV. You wouldn't be if it wasn't if that makes sense. I.E. people have heart attacks every day but they don't worry you because you don't know about them.

You are not him and so you cannot compare yourself with him at all.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Nicola is right but I'm the same, been very anxious since. Poor guy xx

There have been a number of footballers now that this has happened too and just because they are fit dosnt mean they are exempt from things happening.... Most times some sort of defect or congenital condition is found to be the cause, if you have had heart tests etc and all clear then u have nothing to worry about.

But I will agree it makes u anxious as its kind of in your face etc.... We also put ourselves in the same situation... And makes our anxiety higher...

I'm sure there will be a reason for it happening ie some sort of defect etc.... Prayers are with him and his family.

What you have to remember is that you should live every day to the full - just as this young footballer was doing. Even if he had sat at home worrying about possibly having heart problems , nothing could have stopped his eventual collapse if it were an undiagnosed condition.

Chances are he wouldn't have felt a thing, just a catastrophic collapse - no pain, nothing.

As Nicola says, these things happen every day but it does not mean that we are all going to suffer the same fate AND as we HA and anxiety sufferers know, we can all too easily suffer chest pain as a common symptom.

Try not to worry too much but instead pray/hope for his recovery.

Macc
    Xx

The problem is my Mum suffers from a form of heart failure. She was told it could be hereditary as well. I was supposed to have a heart test a long time ago but i'm too scared.

After today i think i'm going to have to.

I imagined that this would cause a stir, I certainly thought long and hard about this one, a young 21 year old man presumably at physical peak dying suddenly is a scary concept.

However it's useful to put this into perspective, it is very likely his death was due to a physical abnormality with his heart which caused him to suffer from a fatal heart arrhythmia. Not being a doctor that is as far as I would like to go but if YOU are worried about having something in common with this poor man then I would suggest going to your doctor and raising your concerns in an honest manner - mine was very understanding and offered me an ultrasound, all on the nhs.

People who play professional sports are pushing their bodies to the absolute limit day in day out, and a lot of them will use their heart muscle so heavily (unhealthily so) that there re bound to be consequences, gib this article a read if you are unsure - it's rather reassuring .

http://www.skippinghearts.com/articl...ac-arrest-die/

all the best to everyone who reads this - nice to know we are not alone.

me to.
    i feel that because my heart beat is raised from anxiety all the time i will have an attack
    :(
    nic is right though

i'm exactly the same, ever since last nights events my anxiety seems to have rocketed :(

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information