Dear all,

I first started on prozac two weeks ago to treat my anxiety/depression/ocd! On the first day I was fine and then after that I could not sleep, had awful anxiety (my hands were dripping with sweat), and I could not see anyone (apart from my mum and doctor), or eat (I had terrible heart burn and stomach aches and a temperature). I had to have a week off of work and stayed with my mum most of the week and I just spent most of the time sobbing in her arms. I did start to feel better in the evening!But I felt much worse during the day than I have ever felt in my life!

I went back to my doctor after four days and she reduced the dose from 20mg to 10mg to help with the side effects. After a few days, the side effects definitely went, but I was left with a bit of breathlessness.

However, now I just feel really low as if nothing is going to help me. I have taken prozac before and it worked almost instantly, but this time around I feel like I am just waiting to get better and I am worried nothing will ever work.

I just wondered if anyone had any positive comments about prozac and a bit of encouragement, as if it will not kick in before 4-6 weeks, I need something to keep me going.

Best wishes,