I had a few weirdy side effects for the first 2 days, mainly feeling like I couldn't breathe or swollow anything properly but that could have been anxiety too only it's felt like something was supressing it! I've also felt a bit sick too and like I needed to do a huge burp, ha ha! But those side effects have pretty much gone away quickly even the horrible dry mouth and I've actually slept brilliantly for the first time in months so I'm so pleased I've given Traz another go and will def stay on it this time now. I'm still waking up pretty panicky but hopefully as I get the dose right that will all go too, are you just anxious first thing now then Greg or are you still getting anxious during the day too? For me, first thing on a morning and my sleep has always been the last thing to ever come right when I have suffered with anxiety before. Hope you are feeling back to your old self in no time at all. Have you managed to get up to 75mg's yet? I know you said you are real sensitive to hieghtened anxiety with ad's, I'm just the same Greg which is why I am on Trazodone not an SSRI. Last time I was started off on 100mg's of Trazodone and was still taking Mirtazapine too so I think it was all just too over stimulating. It took me 7 months to convince my doctor that Mirtazapine actually made me more anxious and I am so happy to be finally off it.