Thread: Convinced I have Pancreatic Cancer Please Help

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Convinced I have Pancreatic Cancer Please PLEASE Help

About 6 months ago, I had a sharp pain in my abdomen that caused me to vomit and have diarrhea several times each. I also had sweating and the chills. About 3 months later, it happened again but this time there was no vomiting. I quickly brushed off these incidents, thinking they were food poisoning, until I started getting a pain in my upper right abdomen the last couple weeks. Sometimes it radiates to the middle and left parts of the abdomen. It doesn't radiate to the back, but I've also been getting separate pain in my spine between my shoulder blades. I have also had a stool change in the last few months. It's not pale or smelly, but they are loose and kind of float. Being neurotic, I googled my symptoms and pancreatic cancer came up.
    Since then, I have thought nonstop about it. Over the last several days, I have been lightheaded all day every day and have loose stool several times a day. I have had a slight decrease in appetite and have also lost 9 pounds in the last 3 weeks. I'm starting to become very frightened. I don't know if some of these symptoms are from my anxiety or not. They didn't start in earnest until I started dwelling on cancer. The pain in my right abdomen is very intermittent and minor, but it doesn't feel like a muscle injury. I'm so scared I have cancer and it's going to get worse and worse.
    Is there anything you guys can tell me to calm me down? I'm so afraid and don't know what to do. I'm 26 and know that pancreatic cancer is extremely rare in my age range, but with all these symptoms I can't seem to find anything else it could be. Please help!

---------- Post added at 13:55 ---------- Previous post was at 13:38 ----------

Can anybody please help?
    Last edited by alexc285; 13-06-13 at 20:15.

Thread Information