Hi I have been feeling bad with anxiety over the last month and am thinking of asking my doctor to increase my citalopram dosage from 30mg to 40mg but I worry about side effects as I have some in the past especially when starting this medication. I have a full time job and I have concentration problems which makes me bad tempered and I don't want to make it worse , sometimes I can feel distant and dizzy when taking these tablets and I am not sure if its the meds or anxiety and depression giving me these symptoms. I sometimes sweat heavily when anxious and I feel the tablets do not help this and make it worse.
It feels like a catch 22 whether I should persevere and try and deal with my anxiety and not take more of this medication or increase my dosage. I know citalopram is not a cure but it is all my Doctor seems to suggest at the moment I have had counselling and done a CBT course and try to use it in this situation.
Sorry for going on! and a realise a post like this is quite common on this forum but it helps me to write it down and share.
Any advice would be useful.

Take Care