This post is copied over from my response to one of Raindrops' threads. I thought it really should on this section.

I've been having the same problems as you because I have a tendency to take on too much and this seems to add to the stress, making my anxiety and depression worse. At the moment I'm making it a rule to simplify everything in my life, and it is really helping. Getting rid of extra stuff makes it easier to find things and to carry out tasks. Fewer goals mean that I know what I have to do during the day, and I have less things to worry about. Less stuff in the house makes it easier and quicker to do housework, and I buy less when I'm out (because I have to justify it to myself).

This the set of guidelines I have put together for myself:

SIMPLIFY LIFE:
1. De-clutter and simplify everything regularly and ruthlessly: house, computer, routines, etc.
2. Make a list of goals you wish to accomplish in the medium- or long-term (between one and five goals). Feel free to change them if you need to, but no more than five (maximum) at any one time.
3. Try to accomplish at least one thing each day that moves you further towards one of your goals.
4. Ensure that you do less, not more. Increase your productivity to free up your schedule, rather than jam more stuff into it.
5. Always ask, will this simplify my life? If not, reconsider.

Cheesemonster