Thread: I think one of my best friends tried to scam me

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I think one of my best friends tried to scam me

I am a bit drunk, so maybe this is a temporary worry, but I think it will be serious tomorrow because I just haven't imagined it. I'm sure I'll come back to this.

I have a friend who I met at my local bar, he is very well known in the village, he kind of took me on as a friend when I was lonely and visiting on my own. Anyway, we've known each other for over a year (as drinking buddies, he's a lot older than me and knows I have Asperger's Syndrome). He's seemed like a really cool guy all this time, reminds me of one of the mates I have in my own peer-group.

Anyway tonight we were out in a pub and he knew I was a bit inebriated (I told him + it was obvious) and he asked me for £10. I said it was ok and went to the bar to ask for a pen so I could write a note for myself, and remember it in the morning. When we were walking home he told me that he had "Asked for £10 in change", and I had complied. This is absolutely, off the scale, total "why the hell would i believe that"? insanity. Of course that did not happen. I told him, and showed him the note I had written, and he was just like "Well if I owe you it, that's ok then".

I am confused as ****. I am wondering what i should do. At the moment I'm thinking I should just tell him straight out about what happened, like just straight off tell him exactly how it happened. I might be thinking differently in the morning, so I'm sure I'll be just shy and wanting to conserve our friendship. It's just a surprise, and it's come as a shock because he has legitimately done so much for my well being. I love the guy, and I'm messed up about it. I know that what I saw was real.

Sorry guys has anyone been throught that?
    Last edited by Shapeshifting Lizard; 05-09-14 at 01:13.

Thread Information