Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
Is it a lack of fulfillment driving it currently then? Or an inability to focus on a project as if your mind is always looking for more in which case it might be a relaxation thing?

Sounds like a case for living in the moment so have you thought of going back to Mindfulness? I know you've mentioned it helping you but I got the impression it was something you did back then.

I know my mental health has slipped backwards since I stopped my Mindfulness daily practice. I want to start this again soon anyway (just a bit snowed under catching up on stuff with things going backwards recently) and I think it will need doing forever.

When things previously got hard, you had put a load of pressure on yourself by the sounds of it and maybe pressure that didn't really exist? I remember a guy at the walk-ins who had a similiar background to me and his issue was money and it was making him worry all the time. He had a good job, good money, nice house in a good area, etc yet he still worried about money and he was secure. The basic issue at that time was losing his job and how would he & his wife cope. He ended up off sick and quiting in the ends to save his health but it was with him for a long time and his worry was then about getting a job that would pay the bills. His wife told him not to worry about that because they can get by and if things have to change, they have to change. He couldn't seem to stop and what he found was he needed to do something more fulfulling but he again worried about the drop in salary. Eventually he seemed to accept that to ensure his mental health, he really had to do something more in tune with him than slaving away in the corporate rat race.

I'm not saying that may be you, but if you are finding work demotivating, maybe its time for a project to regain your interest or some other activities to break life up a bit?
that guy sounds like me,I am to scared to move companies I have a decent salary,a work pension company car etc so moving would be a big risk.The job doesnt excite me like it used to ,I would get excited over every enquiry and every order now i dont care if i win an order or not.The daft thing is even though I dont care the orders keep rolling in.Maybe I am over my breakdown and now entering a mid life crisis phase I am the right age for that
My mood is actually quite good at the moment its just this niggling underlying anxiety that tries to ruin my life.I am sure there are people worse off than me maybe I should stop moaning about it and just get on with life