Hi,

I was prescribed 100mg pregablin/day for neuropathic pain, I have a lower back injury. I do not have any history of anxiety or depression. I've been taking my dosage for about two weeks and have had two intense panic attacks during this period (usually within 1 to 2 hours after taking my 50mg pregabalin pill) and have generally felt quite anxious - I've not been able to sleep properly due to adrenaline rushes and feeling that my heart is beating too strongly, and have had to take sleeping pills to get any sleep.

I know that pregabalin is prescribed to treat anxiety, but has anyone else had a similar experience to mine? While it does help moderately with my neuropathic pain, these side effects are far too much of a disadvantage for me to keep taking it I think. It is much harder to function day to day with this anxiety than with the chronic pain at the previous level. On the other hand if other people have been through this and think that within another week the side effects could die down, maybe it is worth sticking it out.