I had the following symptoms so saw doc about a month ago. Symptoms were:

Occassion of bleeding after sex
Recurring utis
Diagnosed? kidney infection
Soreness inside vagina
Nausea

Obviously I panicked being the hypochondriac I am. Doc said sounded like a kidney infection and gave me some antibiotics. Those didn't work so went back and she gave me a 10 day dose of another antibiotic.

The nausea cleared, but still had other symptoms so she suggested I get a renal scan. I went along and had that and results were clear. Awesome.

Went for follow up today and my usual doc wasn't there, so I saw another. I explained my fear of ovarian cancer and she wasn't worried, I think because she thought the ultrasound would have shown full abdominal. She said she would call the doc who checked.

She also asked me to get some bloods done, FBC, liver function and TSH, which I believe is a thyroid thing.

I got a voicemail couple hours later from the nurse at doctors surgery, saying that the dr thinks it would be good for me to get a repeat scan. Of course I freaked out! She said my scan was fine but would be good to get a clearer picture. She said not to worry as there's nothing to worry about...but why would she order another scan if that's the case?! This one is for pelvic and ovaries.

So here I am. Terrified of yet another scan, waiting for it to happen and waiting for results. Not to mention blood test results. Convincing myself that I have cancer.