Thread: Enlarged lymph node in neck - to worry or not to worry?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Enlarged lymph node in neck - to worry or not to worry?

Baltasar: yeah that's the thing, the constant proding has now become a reflexive habbit of sorts! Sometimes I wish I could just chop my fingers off just to get rid of it! But I can bet even then I'd still find a way to do it lol
    I do have plans. I have lovely plans for the end of the week but what scares me is my plans for the future - I'm just scared I don't have one anymore!

Lu: A full body MRI would solve pretty much everything in one go haha but I guess it's a pretty long and expensive procedure so docs don't just hand them out left and right. I understand that, but what's more expensive, 1 MRI or 1 year in the psycho ward? Hmm.

I don't think the ibuprofen will help, BUT. I have a question now. Mr lovely google had two completely different opinions about this so. I was at a friends place yesterday for a few hours, and usually, I'm a person who gets really cold EVERYWHERE and just wear a big hoodie, wool gloves/socks on lol I asked them whether they had the heating on? No they didn't. My face was flushed with red again, like the day before I got the first big node. And then I swear for the whole time my nose and face was blocked like mad, for the first time in my life my eyes were so watery you'd think I was crying. It's basically what I had a day before the lymph nodes, just x10.

My friend said I could've developed an allergy. They do have a furry dog, but there's dust everywhere anyway. I was told to pick up some anti-allergy pills (going to go through the ibuprofen first). Throughout that night, a new node swelled up, it's almost on the same spot as my first big one, just on the other side. My question is, can allergies actually make lymph nodes swell?? Even I'm reluctant to believe cancer would spread IN A FEW HOURS, if so, I'm pretty dead in a few days. Google is split about the allergy stuff 50/50, half of them say NO, no allergies can make lymph nodes swell, half of them say yes, it's part of the immune system and various allergies can make some people's lymph nodes react.

edit. I also think I have nodes swollen on both sides of my jaw joints now, darn this!

---------- Post added at 10:23 ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 ----------

Oh good lord, now more lymph nodes are swollen up under my jawline and I don't get whether there's multiples stuck together or just one in a weird shape - yep feels like I'm dying now
    Last edited by GlazedOwl; 20-10-15 at 09:55.

Thread Information