Hi guys,

I've been struggling on and off for 5 years with depression and anxiety. In the last few months, I've been going through one of the most severe episodes I've ever had which is leaving me incapacitated. I have extreme anxiety 24/7 and am extremely fatigued all the time. I'm really struggling to cope minute by minute (for more symptoms that i have, look at the post i wrote the other day)

I've been to the doctors numerous times who will only give me diazepam and zoplicone. I'm on citalopram which isn't working and they won't change it. I'm on the waiting list for IAPT which I've been on for 4 months now. I've asked for a referral to a psychiatrist or the CMHT but they keep on dismissing it. I'm not getting any better, probably getting a lot worse and I've considered going to A&E a couple of times. The anxiety is unbearable to live with. I had an episode similar to this 5 years ago which, somehow, i managed to get through on my own. What can i do to get treatment? I say to the doctors that I'm not as calm as i appear to them and i am struggling every single minute of the day

---------- Post added at 10:58 ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 ----------

Just to mention, the IAPT service I've been put forward for is the 6 sessions of guided self help which I'm almost certain will have no impact on me because of how bad i am and how long I've had it. I've been told that the most intense psychotherapy has a waiting list of over a year...