I haven't really ever posted here, maybe once when I first joined a couple of years back. I have suffered from HA for at least 10 years, and have had every symptom and worry. I have also been a pack a day smoker for 20 years.
So funny to smoke so heavily and worry about your health, yet keep smoking and then keep worrying...terrible cycle.
Either way, I always thought that smoking calmed my nerves, relaxed my thoughts and I would smoke away reading other posts, relating to other members and not feeling so alone.
This past year, my throat worries (among other worries) got the best of me. I of course immediately self diagnosed myself with all the worst imaginable diseases.
And then I quit smoking cold turkey. Ok, so yeah, I was a hornet the first couple of days, but it got easier. Almost immediately though, all of my symptoms of HA disappeared. My throat pains, lump, gerd, anxiety, headaches, thoughts of cancer, thoughts of MS, etc. all are gone.
I just wanted to post here for anyone else that is a smoker or maybe ingesting something not realizing that is is possibly contributing to your feelings.
Are my HA feelings going to be gone forever? Who knows, but if I am healthier and have one or 2 less worries, I will take it!