Hello everyone.
I will try to be as honest and forthcoming as I can. I'll start by saying I have once more needed to write on this forum a few years back when I had a nervous breakdown down and kept stressing about health issues. Therapy and citalopram and people on this forum helped me deal with it and I was back on my feet.
Now I have a new role starting this Monday and I am getting the jitters. Which I shouldnt. Common sense says :
  1. you had for job offers and you took this one. if you weren't good in that you do you wouldn't have four job offers. You also took this one because you wanted it.
  2. if you don't like it you can leave and find something else. the goal is to be happy and calm.
  3. wherever you worked people liked you. it is highly likely it will be the same.
  4. you left your old job because of a few reasons. you want something better, something more to your liking. nostalgia isn't it. This job seemed to tick all the right boxes on paper. So it might very well be the one.
  5. you have gotten a a bachelors a masters and a PhD through hard work. you like what you do and if you do not like it you can always go.

So there. Common sense is my ally. And yet I am scared. Not nervous but scared and anxious. I feel that I am regressing back to a childhood age reliving my first day at school.
I am more experienced with anxiety now that I was 4 years ago.
And yet I still haven't found a way to fully control it.
How do we stop being afraid? How do we enjoy what should be a pleasant experience and a chance to a new beginning?
Advice? Mindfulness, meditation, any sites or tutorials to further calm me down?
Thank you all.
Ironically, it is good to be back here. Fear is the bad side of it, but writing to people who understand me already makes me feel better.
All my love to you all,
Evan.