thank you smiling albert and shiznit76 (hey, we have a number in common!) I am doing OK on pregablin, now up to 100 mg a day, and then 150 mg a day for two weeks before tapering up again. My psychiatrist also wants to put me on either Venlafaxine (which i have told him my GP tried and I hated it) or Mitrazapine, which from what you say smilingalbert, is a good combination? I think I have seen other people also mention that because of the sedating effect of Mitrazapine, it is really good for severe anxiety and severe depression (which he told me is my diagnosis). I am seeing him again tomorrow, and would like to start the Mitrazapine then too if he agrees, as I am feeling a bit less anxious, but low. (No SSRI for over a week now, first time in 6 years I haven't been on any ).
Shiznit76 - I am in southern england, and my psych dr did say that he would have to write to my GP to carry on prescribing it, as most GP's won't prescribe it as a first line treatment due to the cost, but have to if a consultant tells them. Good luck with your psych appointment, I think just ask for it outright, tell them you need this, and fingers crossed, he will prescribe it for you. I can definately tell I have a lot less anxiety already compared to this time last week. I hear that once it is off patent, and other manufacturers can make it, it will become a lot cheaper.
I seem to be OK driving thank goodness, it's as though I know I have to concentrate harder, so I manage. I did ask my husband (who can't drive any longer for medical reasons) if my driving was any different, and he said not, so that was reassuring).
Really hope I get the mitrazapine as well tomorrow, i do feel I need the combination, and thank you smiling albert, and shiznit76 for your replies, Wish you both well xx

---------- Post added at 17:10 ---------- Previous post was at 17:08 ----------

Oh I forgot to say, i stopped Fluxoetine cold turkey, but touch wood so far, havent had any withdrawal symptoms to speak of