hiya i started taking sertraline 6 weeks ago after a sudden onslaught of panic, outta nowhere...... i started on 50mg, and i will be honest with you the first week was absolutely horrendous ... but after that first week i was feeling a little better .....after 2 weeks on 50mg i asked my gp to up my dosage as i was getting panicky about 7/8 hours after taking it ...... my gp upped my dose to 100mg, after a week of 100mg i returned to work, on a phased return to work period which will be up on 5th may.... and ive improved again, instead of having full panic attack mode i occasionally just have a day where im anxious but i havent had any full panic attacks .... i may have palpetations, or the shivers .... or i may just feel nervous with clammy skin, which i can manage easily..... just stick at it they can take a month or 2 to work to its full capacity, of course everyone is different but your gp should be monitoring you on it ...... ive got a journal to record days of anxiety and how i feel and if anything physical happens to my body ..... ive found that this helps to, hope this helps