Hi all,
I'm Stuart and am new here, so glad to have found this forum.

Around 6 weeks ago a cyst was found in my jaw via a CT scan. I asked the question 'is it sinister?' to which the consultant replied 'some cysts are bad...some cysts aren't'!!! I was sent home with no more info than that. of course I worried...a lot...I have very bead health anxiety.

Anyhoo I had the operation to remove the cyst around 10 days ago, expected to see the surgeon post op but he didn't come to speak to me, just gave a letter explaining what he'd done and told me to follow up in 6 weeks! Oh yeah and I have to go for an ECG as my heart rte was so high...anxiety of course.

So I still don't know if the cyst was benign or not, I've called the hospital and they say it could take 6 weeks to get the test results back!! Surely if it was bad news they'd know sooner than that.?! Cn I assume no news is good news or do I really have to wait until I go to the follow up appointment and be told bad news face to face? Not sure I can handle a 6 week wait...in fact I know I can't!

Anyone else had a similar experience with the NHS...is there any more I can do but wait?

THANKS ALL!