Thread: Anyone Had Confidential Letters Arrive Opened?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Anyone Had Confidential Letters Arrive Opened?

Has this happened to anyone else? I got my Appeals bumpf posted to me today and the envelope (albeit a very heavy one) was OPENED! (Ripped, not just came unglued).

I vaguely remembered reading this article a few years back http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...s-8118203.html
    (though that article implies that the letters opened by Royal Mail are from claimants).

I'm not paranoid enough to assume my neighbours all had a coffee morning reading through it all, but it's deeply unsettling to think someone could look through such information.

Today has been rotten. Not only was I upset by that, but reading through the report (where the medical examiner states her "opinion" about my condition rather than what I related to her) made me feel like I'm some sort of phony and not believed - there were lots of contradictions in there, giving the impression like I walked in bright and breezy and not the scared, panicky, weeping person I really was.

Later this afternoon I was on tenterhooks waiting on a mental health assessment phone interview (I'm too self conscious to visit one on one so was pondering over all the things I'd have to mention towards my potted life history) - they didn't phone either!
    Last edited by MsBelle; 15-09-16 at 21:12.

Thread Information