Hi, so here is my story.

Had anxiety and OCD since as long as I can remember... At 26 I decided to do something about it and started taking 50mg of sertraline and went to therapy. After one month on the meds, I went to my first session, in which the shrink made me say out loud my gratest fears and helped me understand the difference between thinking and doing. The guy fred me of the responsability I thought I have of thinking certain things, protecting my loved ones,etc...

I went out of that one session and never had another OCD symptom again. My anxiety gradually went away. Felt like a miracle, although now I know that the meds had a lot to do with it.

I had 7 great years on 50mg of Sertraline, didn't even know I could feel that good. About two years ago I decided to taper down with my doctors supervision, all went great, but after two months without it I suddenly felt way worst than I had ever felt... with syntoms I had never had...

We decided to go back to Sertraline, but it didn't work. In the next two years I:

Upped the dose from 50, to 150. No improvement.

Lowered it back to 50 and added Lexapro, gradually, up to 15. Made no difference.

Tappered completely of lexapro and keep on 50 Sertraline. Made no difference

Now I'm thinking about ading Prozac but I'm not droping Sertraline again until I see some solid evidence of improvement.

At this point I feel as I use to feel just before taking my first med... which is way better than after the big post tapper crash but worse than those 7 years on 50 zoloft...

I've come to the conclusion that the 50 zoloft isn't doing the same as it used to and that the big meltdown I felt after I tappered of it two years ago was probably a withdrawl that has taken my brain a long time to come back from...

Now what?