They don't really have a Forumn heading for this, so I have decided to stick it under medication.

As some of you may know, I have suffered with extreme anxiety since July. The psychiatrist has called it 'anxious depression'. I have tried a whole lot of medication and CBT and nothing has worked. I guess I'm what they call treatment resistant. I have been hospitalised for the last 2.5 weeks, where we have tried various medications and at this point, I have gone backwards rather than forwards.

The psych suggested that she thinks I would benefit from ECT and after researching it, I have decided to proceed.

So in order to get ready for it, I was required to have an ECG, a full blood test and this afternoon I will be getting a ct scan.

Tomorrow I will have my first session. The psychiatrist has gone through all the risks and what I can expect. I will try and update on how it all goes. Obviously memory can be affected, especially short term, so hopefully I remember to update. I am going to write myself lots of little notes so I have reminders of things that have happened over the last few days.