Hey everyone,

I have been a member here for a while now, but managed to 'beat' my anxiety to the point where I stopped coming on here for support.
Unfortunately, it has totally come back with a vengeance - I decided not to post on here for a while, I guess because I didn't want to admit to myself that the anxiety and panic have come back, but... they have.

I guess there are lots of reasons why my anxiety has come back, but the main problem for me has always been health anxiety - I'm too scared to take any medication and am always terrified i'm going to get sick or get cancer or something. It's totally ridiculous, because I'm not even 30 yet and seemingly healthy and well.

Anyway, I've had a really bad cold for about three weeks now - last week I was in bed all week with a raging fever, and my coughing has got progressively worse. I noticed the other day that I was wheezing when coughing, so I went to see the doctor in the hope that he'd give me some antibiotics or something. He told me I had 'mild wheezing bronchitis' and gave me a ventolin inhaler (which I haven't used yet, because I'm scared it'll make me choke). He said that using the inhaler 'might give me palpitations, but don't let it worry you'.

So i am TOTALLY FREAKED OUT NOW!! I nearly ran off the bus home in a panic and I am totally paranoid that i can't breathe properly and that it's going to get worse and i'm going to die of bronchitis.

The annoying this is that, deep down, I know i'm being ridiculous. I just need someone out there to remind me that I'm being silly and that I'm not going to die from this and that it's only a matter of time before the cold clears up.

I would be so happy and grateful for any reassurance that anyone out there can give.

Thank you so much,

Henri x