Hi, I've lurked here for a while but never posted before. HA ruined my 20s (I'm now 35) and left me hardly able to function, but for a few years now it's been under control. Then in Xmas week I had some bleeding from the back passage, not much and I thought it was probably from a small tear as I'd been constipated due to an IBS flare up. Then a few days later it happened again. Couldn't see the Dr until this week as the surgery was closed, endured the finger-up-the-backside exam which was agony & I could barely sit down afterwards. She said she didn't think the bleeding was anything serious but got me to do a stool sample, she said to test for inflammatory bowel disease but now I'm terrified as I've been uncomfortable in that area since seeing her yesterday and there was a small amount of blood again after she'd examined me. I'm so scared, I've had 2 panic attacks today and I don't know how I'm going to cope waiting for the news, which I just feel completely certain is going to be the worst possible. I could really use some sensible advice as I can't seem to calm down. Thanks, and sorry for the wall of text. x