Quote Originally Posted by Lissa101 View Post
I'm soo glad to hear that!

Don't worry about the periods of weirdness, just try to ignore them, attention just makes it worse - like the dissonance you get if you say a word over and over again. Plus it is Blue Monday the most depressing day of year so everyone is feeling rubbish according to the news..

I had really extreme DP/DR for about 3 months - to the point where I couldn't even look at myself in the mirror because the feelings of dissociation were so strong. Then it eased off slightly, but was still very bad and coupled with brain fog and fatigue, for I guess the next 6 months. I honestly can't tell you when I recovered because I just forgot about it. I'd say by 18 months I was back to normal. In fact I was better than normal because I'd started exercising to help with the DP/DR and was thinner and in better shape than I'd ever been.

I was so, so obsessed with this symptom that I know if I can get over it anyone can. In some of my old posts from 2013 I was asking the same question as you - 'Can I recover from DP/DR?'. I did and you will, I promise x
Thanks Lissa,

I have found your kind words very helpful and calming. I still indeed feel "off" or "strange" but I feel as if they are much easier to ignore now after this weekend. This I hope is the key to a start of relief for me, hopefully they will continue to go away to the point of no return. I still have the thoughts of what happened to me a year ago, but it seems like they kinda just are a small blip on my radar at the moment. I cant wait for the day I can go a full 24 hours without thinking about my ordeal!