Hi guys,

So I've had agoraphobia for about 10 months now but I've have panic disorder for 3 years. I've never been housebound but had a safety zone very close to my house, this is also coupled with feeling anxious when certain people come to my house, I feel like I can't panic if someone is around and that's basically where all my fear stems from - the thought of others seeing me panic.

This week has been a difficult week with high anxiety and panic attacks. I had a visit from my mum on Monday and I had no panic at all and we had a lovely time. I've been sticking to my exposure plan and pushed my distance multiple times and even had conversations with people I've met on my walks.

My mum had decided that it would be good for me to go with her to visit my Nanna tomorrow, who lives all the way across town.
I don't feel comfortable with this yet and having had a high anxiety week I've explained that I think it would be good for me to take a couple of days to relax and stick to my current exposure plan around my area.
She seemed very upset by this and thinks I need to stop being selfish and think of others and push through the panic for them.

I wish people could understand that we don't want to let people down and that we aren't being selfish. It's not always as easy as push through the panic even though we should and it can have repercussions if we move too quickly.

I'm wondering if anyone else has gone through something similar with a relative or friend trying to help?

Thanks x