I caught an odd "flu" in December that went away and came back again throughout the winter. I was freaking out not knowing what was wrong with me, why the virus kept coming back and why I couldn't shake it like how a normal person would be able to. It was so bad I was worrying if I had caught some kind of serious viral infection such as HIV, Hep C etc. but obviously tested negative for everything.

Now the acute symptoms have subsided,but I still have the constant flu-like exhaustion (nothing like normal tiredness but with the heavy limbs and malaise that you have when you're unwell), I cannot concentrate on anything at all, I still am a bit achey and I now have constant digestive symptoms (bloated/distended abdomen and diarrhea). I also get flushed and hot a lot like I have a fever but don't. I have never been like this before in my life.

My current diagnosis is "post-viral fatigue syndrome" having had the neccesary tests to exclude anything else. If it hasn't gone away by 6 months it will meet the criteria for CFS, which will be a very dammning diagnosis. I'm really anxious because as far as I can tell no one with PVFS seems to go back to normal ever. Everyone who has this seems to turn out have CFS. I'm worried I will never feel well again.

I just needed to moan about it lol.