Thread: Reflections of the multimple rabies threads

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Reflections of the multiple rabies threads

I have noticed that over the last 2-3 months or som there seems to pop up threads form someone ferociusly fearing rabies almost every second day now. Has there been a major breakout of rabies in the UK or USA the last months or is there nightmare stories in the english language media that has been triggering this off?

Last year, when I joined here I think there were only ONE rabies thread; by a young woman who believed; I repeat BELIEVED that she had been bitten by a bat and was sooo convinced that she was dying oif rabies. She kept posting the fear for months, but in the end she came to her senes. But she was CONVINCED she had this extremely rare in human ilness and interpretated absolutely every discomfort under the sun as rabis. Now I see it again, except that is everywhere on this forum now. New threads every day, including one who seriously believes there are rabies virus on his bedsheets.

Let me tell you; from one hypocondriac to another: I myself had a major rabies fear in 2003; 14 years ago. And that fear and panic lasted a year or so; a whole year of my best age wasted on such a ridicilous worry. I wish I could have that year back and that I coul re-live it without wasting it on rabies fear.
    Rabies is almost non-existing in humans, this is especially true in the Western world. Now; if some of you WERE in a third world country; let us say in a village in India and was bitten by a aggresive and foaming stray dog I would telle you to go to the nearest hospital and get the first rabies shot ASAP; but this is not the case with the rabies posts here.
    Let me tell you this; if a person develops rabies symptoms; it goes extremely fast and the person will die a horrible death within 5 to 10 days. If you guys really had rabies you would not be able to sit and post all this on an Internet forum. You would be foaming at the mouth, have delirium and go crazy because it attacks the brain and nerve system.
    So...this is my take on it. I would say save your worries to you`d need it.
    I can not convince you that you dont have rabies; but I have been where you are; I was convinced I had it but....I am here. And so are you.
    Last edited by paranoid-viking; 22-09-17 at 21:06.

Thread Information