Thread: So upset, please help going crazy over this

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Please help, pregnant and intense fear of dvt, I'm miserable

PLEASE HELP!!! So it all started a little over a month ago, I'm 20 years old, pregnant, don't have any dvt in my family that I know of, but all of a sudden I was just walking and felt a little pain in my right calf, it felt really familiar so I didn't think much about it, didn't hurt anymore, two days later the pain started again, I googled it and of course dvt everywhere, so I rushed myself to the ER, they did some blood work on me, high d dimers but every ob told me this test should not be used during pregnancy since pregnant woman usually have high d dimers due to uterus growth, so I didn't care much about that, but the pain kept getting slightly worse, like a cramp but sometimes sharp pain in my calf, so I went to the ER again where they did a eco doppler on my leg and came back normal, I was releaved but then the pain was still there I started worrying again and found horror stories of people who did the eco doppler, came back normal and still had dvt, so a week later went to the ER again, this time with short breath and chest pain(strongly believe it was due to anxiety as I don't have these anymore) they did another eco doppler on me, came back normal again, they also did a bunch of tests on my lungs and heart, everything normal...they told me it was nerve pain as baby is pressing down the uterus, but I don't see anyone complaining about this as well...I'm on pain medication and I almost have no pain but if I don't take it, I get strong pains on calf, and now it has creeped up my leg, behind the knee and behind the thigh and just today started felling sharp pain in my groin, the pain jumps from place to place, on calf then on foot then on ankle then on outer calf then on thigh and so on...I'm so worried I keep thinking I'm going to die this has taken over my life, I can't even to daily tasks no more, I'm so scared please someone help me I cry all the time because of this which is so bad for the baby, please help me!!!! ( I had dozens of doctors examine my leg, they say is not swollen, red or warm to touch, soft muscles and even felt my pulses) I do think I have a bit of swelling above my ankle though but I think is just me maybe...I feel a lot of tingling on the area as well and twitching...I also have a very bad past of hypochondria but didn't have any problems with it for about a year
    Last edited by Brunamateus; 01-09-17 at 22:01.

Thread Information