Hey all, my name is Jemma and i've just been prescribed Venlafaxine yesterday, so i thought i would post here a little of my story and reasons for taking these and keep a bit of a diary on how things are going on them.

I'm 42 and i've had anxiety on and off for a lot of years which has always been controlled with Citalopram. I relapsed while on the cit and i couldnt handle the increase in dose. I then tried Sertraline but i dint really find that too effective and i have been sat on half the minimum dose of this for quite a while. After another crash i found myself back at the doctors. They advised that i stop taking the sert and start the ven tomorrow.

At the moment my anxiety is 24/7, i'm struggling to eat and sleep is here and there with very early wakening in the mornings. To be really honest i'm all over the place. I'm off work this week and starting the ven 37.5 tomorrow morning and i'm even more scared about that with increased anxiety and other side effects i may get. Doc has given me 2mg diazepam to use as required although i've managed not to touch them yet. I keep changing my mind on why i have the anxiety and i cant seem to settle on anything. Also feeling a lot of agitation which is horrible. I'm praying the ven works for me as this is torture.

Anyone else just starting wants to jump in here with me then please feel free, also if anyone has any positive stories then please share, no horror stories though please.

Well that's it for today, i'll update after i've taken my first one tomorrow.