Quote Originally Posted by Mindprison View Post
Words of thanks or even acknowledgement that the replies have been read are few and far between these days.

As FMP says HA is a self absorbed and selfish illness. Most don't care about the concerns of others as long as their problem has been dealt with.

I actually think it would do most of them a world of good to try and help others with their problems. I find that even as a HA sufferer myself there are problems people post here that I can't understand why they are so concerned about it and realize that my worries are just as unlikely.
I once wrote a post (asking someone about therapy) which was totally ignored and I called the person out, and they said they didn't reply because it wasn't useful to them and they were only after reassurance for their illness du jour. Not everyone's as rude as that, but there are plenty that see this forum as a service for them. I'm not saying every nugget of advice I give is necessarily useful, but recognition people are trying is all we need.

When I'm most active on here it's often when I'm in a bit of a spiral myself, which I rarely mention. When you're giving other people advice, you're also instilling it in yourself.