Quote Originally Posted by WiseMonkey View Post
Well I've got oesophageal motility issues going on and last Tues I swallowed a couple of digestive enzyme pills without enough water and dashed out the door! Twenty minutes later I was in extreme pain, even swallowing saliva hurt ... I had pill induced oesophagitis (self diagnosed) so lesson learned. It's taken 5 days to get better :(

People with motility issues are more likely to get pill induced oesophagitis so it brought home to me just how important it is to take meds/any pills with a full glass of water. I won't be making that mistake again.
My wife is still surprised that I can take a handful of pills dry, without much issue. Of course it is easier with a glass of water.

She, and our eldest daughter, have very real issues taking tablets. My wife will always buy capsule shaped paracetamol to help, as an example, but has to be completely upright and drink the tablets down with a full glass of water. It has thankfully improved somewhat for her but in the past the amount of water she needed to drink before they would go down fully for her was beyond just a glass or two. Finding capsule / caplet shaped alternatives as helped.

Our eldest daughter often finds the tablets are still there and become stuck. Thankfully she doesn't need to take regular medication but if she has needed to do so, and there isn't a liquid alternative, it is a major issue for her to take them without discomfort.

Best wishes